1. Health care reform is an absolute must. I'm not pleased with the reform proposed. I'd actually like to see a compete scrapping of the current system and a switch to a single payer system like every other decent country in the world has.
2. Agree
3. Not enough information yet to make a statement.
4. None of those mentioned give "balanced" news. MSNBC is probably the worst of the lot. UPI, AP, Reuters would maybe be best answer?
5. Limited
6. Yes, this nation was founded on Christian principles and the founding fathers intended it that way. They wanted a freedom of religion to exist, but that was not intended to be a freedom from religion. Even Thomas Jefferson, who is now used as the poster boy for the opposing view made that clear in a number of letters, ie the ones to Dr. Benjamin Rush.
7. I'm old enough that when I went to school we had prayer. I don't remember a single person being harmed by it. I wouldn't want to see anyone forced or coerced into prayer, but the current trend towards intentional distancing from "Christian principles" is ridiculous and counter productive.
8. I moved out on my own during the early part of the Carter administration and then started a family during the early part of Reagan's. Carter was an idiot, there is no other way to put it. He was also a coward and our enemies knew it and took advantage of it again and again. IMO the current "spin" on the Reagan years is disgraceful. There was a reason he was the most popular president since Washington and there is a reason he still wins some polls for best president ever, much to the schagrin of many in the left leaning media and academia.
9. Same rights in some matters, legal marriage no, there needs to be some middle ground.
10. There needs to be a better screening process in some states for prospective adoptive parents, being gay should not eliminate anyone. Being unstable should. I know there is a great need for adoptive parents, but some states have loosened the reins too much.
11. No...it sure isn't for law enforcement...shouldn't be for military either.
12. No, I'm still glad we did what we did in Iraq. Troops would probably be coming out at some pace no matter who was president. Yeah, we need to withdraw in an intelligent manner.
13. No, no, yes
14. not really, not really, may end up being counter productive in the long run.
15. I wouldn't call it "support" I don't have a "dog" in that fight. I would say that she has been the most unfairly treated person in the media for quite some time now. There is a major and glaring double standard at work.
16. no
17. yes, yes, no - but no more sympathy either.
18. Yes, and it is there like it or not and it will stay there to some degree.
19. Home schooling has proven itself IMO. There are bad cases, but there are bad cases that can be pointed out in our public schools too. I do think parents need to be extra sensitive to the need of their children to have outside activities though. Sex education, not really a bad idea in principle, hardly ever done properly.
20. I really wouldn't have a problem except that I think it might have a detrimental effect on battlefield effectiveness




Bookmarks